Search Engine Optimization | SEO
Optimizing Your Web Presence to Drive Traffic, Awareness, Loyalty, and Sales
Why Search Engine Optimization Is Necessary for Your Business
Being found on the internet, organically, is one of the most essential and fundamental requirements every company must address. And the most crucial aspect of SEO is establishing a page 1 Search Engine Rank Position (SERP) for the right keywords and keyword phrases. The SERP can only occur if search engines determine that your company is worthy enough and essential so that your brand and information is readily available and presented on page one.
When this occurs, search engines have determined that your Domain Authority is strong and that your information is viewed as Thought Leadership. Developing Domain Authority and a reputation as a Thought Leader requires an ongoing and consistent SEO marketing investment. And while many marketing organizations offer SEO services, it is always best to utilize an SEO Marketing Specialist to maximize the results of your investment. Our SEO services are customized to fit the needs of our clients. The cost varies; for a quote, contact Convergent1.
Even if you have never had a website before you have probably heard of search engine optimization or SEO. The most important aspect of SEO is establishing a page 1 Search Engine Rank Position (SERP) for the right keywords and keyword phrases. This can only occur if any search engine determines that your company is important and should be shown on page one. This is sometimes referred to as Domain Authority or Thought Leadership.
In the digital age that we live in, it seems like enough cannot be said about the importance of optimization. So, what exactly is SEO and SERP? Search engine optimization and Search Engine Rank Position is defined as, “The process of affecting the visibility of a website or web page in a search engine’s unpaid results.” But what does that really mean? As experts in SEO and SERP, Convergent1 breaks it down into several understandable areas of work including but not limited to:
- Keyword research. The development of your essential keywords is always the first step to a successful SEO strategy. What words or phrases is your target audience plugging into a search engine when they are researching the product or service that you offer? These are the keywords that will drive targeted business in a search engine when they are incorporated into your website content. Our approach is to research both short-tail and long-tail keywords that will allow you to rank well with the search engines on every level.
- The word Tags represent various source code and programming language that tells robots important clues or descriptions important to your business. There are ten unique Tag categories.
- Title Tags
- Meta Description Tags
- Header Tags
- Image Alt Tags
- Schema Markup
- HTML5 Semantic Tags
- Robots.txt Tag
- Nofollow Link Tags
- Anchor Text Tags
- Canonical Tags
Title Tags are generally clickable descriptions of headlines that are seen in your Search Engine Rank Position. Often a Title Tag is the text utilized following your website URL address such as www.xxxx.com/(title tag appears here).
Meta Tags are vital for your search engine optimization success. Meta Tags essentially are small descriptions for each page inside the source code of your website that helps the search engines understand what your page is about. Using relevant keywords found in our keyword research and development process in the meta tags will help tie your content and search engine results together successfully.
Header Tags appear on every page of any form of a website. Header Tags are numbered sequentially from the most to the least important. The first header Tag or H1 usually represents the most significant message of the page. Subsequently, the H2 and all that follow represent supporting messages.
Image Alt Tags are the text descriptions appearing within the source code of the website for all images. Images range from photographs, graphic design elements, charts, infographics, etc. A properly created image alt tag can push the SERP to page one because the image provides a meaningful answer to someone’s search. Image alt tags are how search engines index the information.
Schema Markup is a methodology that groups or hosts a series or collection of content that is referred to as Rich Snippets. Rich Snippets represent unique information such as review stars or specific product or service information. Schema Market content is used jointly for multiple search engines. And while not specifically a Tag, Schema Markup helps maximize all Tags.
HTML5 Semantic Tags are elements of a website that are used to enhance or expand the description of page contents or components.
Robots.txt Tag represents an instruction specifically for search engine robots guiding the bot visit to the information that should be indexed by the search engine and information that should not be indexed.
Nofollow Link Tags are set up to instruct search engine robots not to include or count a particular link to other pages.
Anchor Text Tags are embedded and visible within a website page content that is hyperlinked to relevant sections or pages inside the website.
A Canonical Tag’s purpose is to avoid the risk that duplicate content (information that already appears online and is identical from damaging your SERP. Search Engines frown on duplicate content so your content must be checked and protected from anyone that might duplicate it verbatim.
- As cliché as it sounds, content continues to be king and is the single most important aspect of any SEO campaign. Google, Yahoo, and Bing, and any other search engine have all stated that quality content is one of the best ways to gain a page one SERP (rank position). Of course, quality content is also the way that you will be engaging with your users and creating a one of a kind user experience that will bring people back to your website again and again. Creating relevant, engaging content will also help establish you as a Thought Leader, which will drive brand awareness, brand loyalty, and domain authority. It’s important to remember that content is not just words but can include pictures, video, infographics, and more. Anything engaging and valuable to the end-user is quality content that can help improve your SEO efforts. We offer a vast array of unique forms of content creation and development. Below is a list of various content services we offer:
- Blog Articles
- Pillar Content
- Cluster Content
- Video Communication
- New Website Page Content
- User Engagement Content (Polls, Quizzes, Calculators)
- Blog Articles
- Backlinks. It has long been said that content is king, and while that is true, it should also be said that backlinks are queen. Backlinks are links that are pointing back to your website. Yet, our approach to backlinks is not just about creating as many links as possible but creating high-quality links that will raise your domain authority. We do this through a variety of methods such as exchanging backlinks with quality sites, press releases, guest blogging, and more. Additionally, as an SEO agency, we also specialize in cleaning up and disavowing toxic backlinks that are hurting your authority.
- Audio SEO. Have you heard of audio SEO? This is a growing portion of SEO that is set to explode so you want to make sure that you are incorporating it now. As you know, we are living in a highly digital world where we rely on electronics to make our lives more and more convenient. The use of digital assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri, and Microsoft Cortana is growing and it’s estimated by the end of 2020 that more than 50% of internet searches will be done with the help of such a tool. This is why you need to be incorporating Audio SEO strategies into your overall SEO options. We have a specific process at Convergent1 that will ensure your business, service, and product offerings will show up when users search for related terms so your optimization efforts are always relevant and in step with current technological trends.